Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catch You Up

Since my last post there hasn't been much time for stitching because it's nice enough to be outside. I love gardening, hence my schooling in Horticulture and Entomology. We manage to grow some pretty incredible vegetables in our teeny back yard and I have a stunning perennial border under way, with many thanks to Spaz and Boo for the awesome raised beds they made for me last year for Mother's Day. This year the front yard is getting re-made too. We have large pine trees and no matter how hard I try grass seed just won't take. I have re-seeded that darn lawn every spring for 5 years, so, this year it gets sod. Sorry stitchers, I'll try to keep my garden blabbing to a minimum on this blog...

Mom, because I know you have limited internet access I'll say it here: thanks for coming home to visit us, we had a blast with you, as usual. We all love you so much! There are pictures and news on the family blog so head over there if you haven't been already, if you can. With all the excitement, I forgot to show you, Boo mailed me a cute hand-written letter from school... it says 'you are the best', like the poem spelled out in macaroni thing I made you in when I was in grade 2? Miss you already, keep your chin up and call anytime.

So, no stitchy pictures this week. I am a little behind on all my projects. Flower Power has gotten some attention, Red Thread is getting worked on this week and in an effort to be more helpful at work I am learning to crochet. It's not my thing at all, but having an understanding of different yarn weights and techniques should help a bit. I have knitted in the past (once), I made Boo a scarf for his Halloween costume. He was Harry Potter last year and it turned out pretty nice for my first knitting project. He was quite pleased with it anyways.


Boo in his Harry Potter scarfHappy stitching, have a great week! I'll try to post stitchy news and pics soon.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great job on that scarf! I'm not stitching much either right now!