Monday, November 19, 2007

Purple Woe

Hi everybody!
I am sorry, I have been too busy settling back in at home to post anything. Which isn't to say that I have anything to post, I just wanted to let you know where I've been. My purple monkey ended up being ripped out, I really wasn't happy with the dyelot that was in my kit. I ended up buying a different shade, swapping Purple Iris for Hyacinth. Here are the manufacturer's images of these 2 shades, there's not much of a difference:


Purple Iris Hyacinth

Here is a photograph of the 2 shades I have here in the house, see a difference now?

I want to make sure you understand, I am not in any way complaining about the wonderful gift I received from my boss or the floss manufacturer. I just want this project to be the best it can be and dyelots can be off sometimes. I am very much enjoying stitching this, the rhythm of the needle completing each stitch as I go is a nice break from Flower Power (not to mention working with 2 strands I can railroad again!). Lastly, not having to change thread colours constantly and dig in the floss box is nice too. The satisfaction of completion... I don't have to tell YOU how good it feels to finish something! I am pretty sure I will finish up the monkey business by the end of today, so hopefully I will have a pic for you tomorrow! Have a great day and let me know if you are stitching something fun!


1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yes, overdyed fibres can be tricky with colours sometimes!

Stitching with one colour can be such a joy sometimes! I've been doing a lot of colour switching myself!